Today's yoga challenge pose is Seated Spinal Twist
The benefits of a seated spinal twist include:
* Massages and stimulates abdominal organs
* Improves digestion, circulation and elimination
* Stretches and strengthens the spine, shoulders and hips
* Increases circulation to the spinal muscles and hydrates the intervertebral disks
* Reduces back pain, neck pain and sciatica
* Calms and restores the nervous system
* Stimulates the lymphatic system, an important part of your immune system
* Relieves stress, mild depression and anxiety
A seated spinal twist is especially good for the spine and its muscles. Since every nerve of the body stems from and originates in the spinal cord, you are affecting all the nerves of your whole system, when you twist and release the spinal column.
When performing this gentle simple seated twist, always think about lengthening your spine before twisting to create as much space between the vertebrae as you can.
Watch the video at Yoga Bear site and have fun doing the pose!